WARNING~THIS POST CONTAINS TMI!!!!
Well, didnt I have an exciting afternoon yesterday? not! I called the midwives at the hospital I was previously booked into because I had a lot of mucous and thought I was leaking amniotic fluid. I dont know what amniotic fluid is supposed to look like or smell like, all I know is that I felt like I was wetting my pants. So I called the midwives and the head midwife told me to go in so she could check.
Anyway, I was shown to a room and was hooked up to a special monitoring machine which consists of two belts with special discs on them. One is to monitor the baby's heartbeat the other is to monitor any contractions. I was laying on my back for what seemed like an eternity, listening to my baby's heart beating which sounded like a horse galloping. Then I was asked about the nature of my discharge and I just said it was watery like substance and it didnt have much of a smell but it was more annoying than anything else cos I felt as though my undies were constantly wet, and I was using a panty liner as well. I was asked if I had a gush or a trickle and I said I was experiencing a trickle like sensation when it was happening.
Mary (the head midwife) then took off the monitoring machine and summoned my ex OB and he was going to give me an internal :( to see how much fluid was in my vagina. Well, all I can say is it hurt like hell! He used that horrible duck billed speculum to open my cervix and of course because I was tense, it was very painful. Then he stuck his fingers up there, which wasnt too bad, I felt a bit more relaxed but it was still uncomfortable cos I felt like I was going to fart and I told them that too, LMAO! All he could see up there was mucous and not fluid so I was relieved but a bit disappointed that my waters hadnt broke. I was gearing up to be admitted into hospital but no go.
So that was my afternoon in hospital. I aint looking forward to monday because I have another internal exam, hopefully my new OB is gentler than my ex OB. He didnt even use KY Jelly to lube me up a bit, thats why it bloody hurt.
No comments:
Post a Comment