I had to go see my OB again for another check up and to also get a doctor's certificate stating my "condition" for the dumbasses at my work, like as if they didnt already know. Anyway, I got weighed again and I hadnt put on any weight in my first trimester, prolly cos I hardly ate, but I aint complaining. I have a while to go yet and I dont wanna look like a blimp too early.
My OB had the results of my NT scan and it worked out that my chances for having a baby with Downs Syndrome was 1:53. He said that it was a little high, but he also told me not to worry. The genetics people recommended that I do further testing, like an amniocentisis, but I refused there and then. He described the proceedure to me. While doing an ultra sound at 16 weeks, the doctor inserts a hollow needle into my tummy and draws out some fluid from the amniotic sac. Then I wouldve had to wait 2 weeks for the results! No fucking way! I wouldve worried myself sick, and besides, its supposed to hurt, and when it comes to pain I am a big chicken!
My Ob said it was entirely up to me whether I wanted to have an amnio or not. He said there was nothing to worry about because the number was a high number and not something like 1:5 in which case he wouldve have pushed me to go for one. After that I wished I hadnt done that test but, really it was only to see Sproglet. Speaking of which, I should get the pic up sometime in the next couple of days, my phone battery went flat today so I cant upload the pic onto the computer.
No comments:
Post a Comment