Thursday, May 05, 2005

Chained To The Loo/First Doctor's Visit

During the first few weeks, particularly around week 7, I noticed that I was constantly going to the toilet to pee. No sooner had I finished, than I had to go back soon after. What was really annoying was that I was waking up twice a night to go to the toilet, at least now its eased, but I try not to drink anything before going to bed so I can sleep straight thru. Not only was I peeing so much but I was soooo tired during the day. During my time off work, Id wake up around 9, then go lay on the sofa, only to fall asleep again, this in turn was making me not sleep at night time, so I tried to keep myself from not falling asleep.

My GP reffered me to an OB/GYN closer to my house, as he didnt want me to have to come into the city to be seen to. I had my first doctors visit while on holiday and basically, he weighed me, took my blood pressure, which was low, and ran thru my history, and filled in heaps of forms for ultra sound requests and blood tests. After I saw him, I went and had my first lot of blood tests, where they tested for my blood group, ( Im A Positive) Hepatitis A and B and my immunity to Rubella. I also needed to do another urine sample, and luckily I had some pee left, lol. They took about 4 vials, and my test results all came back positive. Apparently I have a very high immunity to Rubella which is good.

No comments: