Friday, May 27, 2005

My Expanding Belly

At the beginning of my pregnancy, my belly remained flat obviously, however, at around 10 weeks, I noticed I looked kinda bloated. It wasnt until I went back to work and tried to squeeze into my work trousers that I noticed I was getting bigger, much to my delight! I had to survive a week in my work trousers and they were beginning to get uncomfortable and the waist band began to cut into me. So it was time to buy some maternity pants, and lucky for me I found some stretchy, trendy maternity pants, so I bought two pairs, one for work and one for going out.

I also noticed that all my snug fitting tee shirts and tank tops began to ride up my tummy, showing off my baby bump. Some one at work said to me "Youre not going to be one of these women who show off their tummys are you?" To which I replied "Of course I am, I am proud of my bump." But on the other hand, I am carrying thru winter and it is important to keep your bump warm. If I was carrying thru summer, then Id be wearing all my flowy baby doll tops. I havent spent all that much on maternity wear, as I have my essential pants. I did buy a few tops that hug my bump and show it off. I dont want to spend too much on maternity wear as the prices are quite expensive. Lately I have been wearing my long knitted cardigan to and from work when its cold, and it hugs my figure nicely, but now its starting to gape around my mid section, lol. I actually look like a bit of a pair, lol, but I dont mind, I love my new shape.

Sure I say that now, perhaps later down the track Ill get sick of it, but I dont think thats likely. I am actually looking great, and many of my friends say I have that "Glow". My hair is looking healthier as well, thanks to a cut and the pregnancy hormones.

No comments: