Monday, May 09, 2005

A Body Like A Road Map!

One thing I noticed was the increase in veins in my breasts! At first it was only my breasts that I noticed these new veins, and because I have pale skin, they look very prominant, especially after I have a shower, but as the weeks go by, I noticed more veins appearing in my torso! Multitudes of them, apparently because of the increase in blood flow. Let me tell you I look like a road map, and when I mentioned this to a friend of mine at work, who's wife has had two kids, he said that by the end Ill look "black and blue".

The veins in my torso and boobs dont worry me much, but when I noticed new veins in my legs, I got worried that I may get varicose veins cos I am standing on my feet for 8 hours a day. I check them daily to see if there are any changes in them, but so far so good. I shall mention it to my OB when I see him next, perhaps he can recommend something.

My mum got varicose veins when she had me, and they look awful( sorry mum). Here is hoping that I wont get them.

No comments: