Went shopping with Rob and Paige on the weekend. She was so good! She slept for most of the time we were at Kmart, oblivious to the noise around her. Its funny you know, cos now when I go shopping I really only buy things for her. I bought her two new summer outfits, both pink of course, she is a girly girl just like her Mumma! I also bought a bulk box of baby wipes because I seem to be going thru them like no tomorrow, especially now that she is pooing normally(Ill get to that story in a jiff). But I just love shopping for her. I am in the process of deciding what Im gonna get her for Christmas. I know shell be still real small but who cares.
Anyway, I mentioned in a previous post that the formula I had been giving Paige was bunging her up in the poo department. Now its normal for babies to not pass a poo for several days, but my poor little mite was straining to do one and when she did do one it would be hard like a pebble, instead of being soft and plasticine like, (sorry TMI). When babies are born, they have a sticky black substance called meconium in their bowels and this is the first poo they do. My little girl didnt do a poo for several days and when we got home I was concerned. the midwife told me to give her boiled water as this helps. It was helping but I found she still only went every second or third day. Then last week she was in so much pain and screaming for 2 days that it distressed me to see her like this.
The maternal and child health nurse told me to change the formula, so I did and now she is pooing every day and not having to strain! Actually, its funny because Ill be feeding her and notice a foul stench coming from her, and realise she has done a poo. I cant believe someone so small can do something so smelly! And the farts! OMG~she takes after her father in that department! This formula is kind to babies digestive systems, and she is burping and farting and pooing with no problem at all now!
I never thought Id be talking about pooing so much but when your child is constipated, its a welcome thing when they start pooing normally again!
No comments:
Post a Comment