I had my first real bad day with Paige last week. It all started on Thursday evening after her feed. She just wouldnt settle down and sleep. Id put her in her cot and then five minutes later she would be howling again. So we put her in her pram and took her for a walk. It didnt make her fall asleep but at least she was content. But when we got home, I put her in her cot again only to have her wake up and start crying.
This continued for four hours and in the end, I began to get annoyed and impatient because she just wouldnt settle down. So I put her in her baby sling and took her on the sofa and watched telly. She finally fell asleep as did I and at about 11pm I went back to bed and put her down in her cot where she had slept soundly.
However on Friday she was so niggly and fussy, I just didnt know what to do with her. I bathed her, took her to the doctor cos I was afraid she was sick, and did everything humanly possible to try to calm her down and settle her, but it was all for nothing cos nothing was working. By this stage I was in tears and I did the last thing I could think of, I put her in her sling, but when I was putting her in there, and fastening it, she fell out onto the bed, head first. This resulted in more screaming and I was so upset because I thought I had hurt her and that was the last thing I wanted to do. I felt like an awful mother because I couldnt soothe my baby. I didnt know what she wanted and I was having awful thoughts like she was wanting too much from me.
I rang Rob in tears because I was so frustrated. But in the end, she fell asleep laying against my chest and listening to my heart beating. I was so relieved. I think maybe she had a touch of wind or perhaps had a tummy ache or just having a bad day. I love her so much and its distressing to see her upset, but at least she is back to her old self again.
No comments:
Post a Comment