Thursday, November 17, 2005

Doctor's Visit...

Took Princess Paige to the doctor yesterday because she wasnt feeding! She would take the bottle in her mouth but then wouldnt suck, plus she was sleepy all day long, so of course, being the worry wart I am I took her to the doctor! I myself wasnt a happy girl either, I spent most of the doctor's visit in tears because my baby girl wouldnt drink!

Anyway, after an examination and a thermometer up her bum, (poor baby), there was nothing wrong with her, her temp was normal and she was fine, however she has thrush in her mouth! Her tongue is coated in a white substance and this was making her not drink! The doctor gave me drops to give her and she doesnt seem to mind the cherry flavour, and today she is drinking again! But all is not well with Mum, unfortunately!

The doctor diagnosed depression and I am on anti depressants! I am borderline from suffering Post Natal depression and I am to see a counsellor as well! Now I know why I have been a bitch one minute and happy the next! Ive been nasty to Rob's family as well as Rob himself! I dont know why but the week after I had Paige I just wanted to keep her away from my in laws, and this has upset me cos I dont know why I felt this way! At least now I know why Ive been feeling the way Im feeling. Also Ive wanted to stay indoors for the most part, and not wanted to venture outside with Paige on my own! Its like I have wanted to shelter her from the big bad world! I am over protective of her I admit and I worry for every little thing. I was a worry wart before but now I am ten times worse! It has to stop because babies sense these things, and not only that but I have to be strong for my daughter!

No comments: