Friday, November 11, 2005

Constipation Woes...

Well, I havent been coping very well this week. The last couple of days Paige has been so unsettled during the day, crying for the most part. I thought I could handle it but yesterday I just couldnt cope at all! There was a reason for all this, it was because poor Paige was constipated due to the brand of formula I had been feeding her. The Maternal and Child Health Nurse told me to change formula so I did yesterday and today she is a new baby!

I was so frustrated yesterday and spent a better part of the day crying my eyes out, thinking that I was a bad mother cos nothing I did was helping my baby. At one stage I felt resentment towards her because I couldnt do anything without her demanding my attention. I feel horrified that I was feeling like this towards a helpless tiny baby, and I feel so ashamed of myself for thinking she was being selfish. See I am a bad mum cos I am feeling this way. When all along she was probably experiencing tummy pain cos she couldnt do a poo.

At least this morning she went with no problem what so ever and is sleeping wonderfully! Although I am having problems trying to get her to drink the full amount of formula for a feed. I guess she has to get used to the new formula. She has put on 190grams in one week and now weighing 6lbs, or 3.05kilograms, and has grown 2 cm in length.

I got a letter from the Children's Hospital yesterday and I am to take her for an ECG and an Echocardiogram in a couple of weeks to check her VSD. Apart from her unsettling issues, she is being a wonderful kid, and I truely love her with all my heart.

No comments: