I was telling Rob the other day that I would love to have my aunty in the delivery room with me, along with him of course. I had been thinking about it for some time, and when I told Rob he told me to call her and ask if she would like to be there with us. At first it was only gonna be Rob, I wouldve liked my mum to be there too, but because of the type of work she does ( she is a courier just like Rob, and helps out my step father, who is also a courier) she wont be able to take the time off. So I gave my aunty a call to ask her and she was so honoured and happy that I asked her. She said yes and she told me that secretly she was hoping that I would ask her because she wanted to be there with me.
I told her that I may still have to have a c/section, I dont really know whats going on until I have my scan and we see how the baby is positioned, but she said that she'll be there waiting for me even if I do have a c/section. Which leads me to my next point~My mother in law!!!! I mentioned on Sunday that I asked my aunty to be with me in the delivery room for some extra support, but then went on to say that thats providing I dont have a c/section, but then said that she'll be waiting in the waiting room with Rob if Im having a c/section. Anyhow, my MIL then went on to say that SHE'LL be there waiting too!! Im like "What the?" I didnt invite her to come along to the hospital. She then went on and said to Rob, "As soon as Danni goes to the hospital, give us a ring and we'll come too." Rob said that when the baby is born he'll call the family and there was no need for them to be there.
Because my hospital is a small hospital, there may be limits as to how many people can wait in the waiting room. I mean, what if there is another woman giving birth at the same time and her family is there? Also I told Rob I didnt want his mum and dad there because my mum wont be there and to me its a little unfair that they get to see the baby before my mum and dad see the baby. Please correct me if Im wrong, but to me its like she wants to see the baby before anyone else. Then Rob said to me yesterday that once the baby is born, the family should give us time to get to know our baby, and I completely agree with him.
Someone told me that if I do have a c/section to make sure I get to see the baby first before the family. One girl in my childbirth class said that her friend had an emergency c/section and had to have a general anesthetic, anyway, everyone saw the baby before she did, she didnt even know what sex her baby was. So anyhow, thats the lastest in my MIL saga. Im sorry if Im boring you all to tears with me ranting about her but you guys are my friends and if I bitch too much to Rob he'll end up getting pissed at me, saying I dont like his family, yada, yada. I know it sounds that way at the moment, but I do love his mum and dad, I just find it that his mum is getting to me with all this shit. We must talk to her and tell her that there will be no need for her to be at the hospital, and I hope she understands that it will be unfair if she is there and my mum is not.
I joked to Rob this morning that it reminds me of the "Everybody Loves Raymond" episode where Debra has Ally and she doesnt want Marie there....my MIL kinda reminds me of Marie, although she aint as bad as Marie....
No comments:
Post a Comment