Scared, Worried, Excited, Anxious, Fed Up....just a few words to describe how Im feeling at the moment. My days are filled with boredom and all I want is to meet my baby, LIKE RIGHT NOW!!!! The rollercoaster ride of emotions is back with a vengance and all I do these days is cry for no particular reason. I have tried to keep myself occupied but the days are so long when there is nothing to really do around here. A couple of times this week I baked some cakes, and I went to see my grandma yesterday and spent the afternoon with her so at least that passed the time away. I know what youre all gonna say, that once I have the baby Ill be whining I wont have time for myself, I dont believe that I will be doing that cos at least my days will be filled caring and nurturing my little one, who by the way, has been packing quite a punch of late.
Only the other night while I was asleep, I felt not one, but two kicks in the ribs, and it hurt like hell. The night before that I woke up to go to the loo, my friend at the moment, lol, and when I settled back down to go to sleep, my baby decided to have the hiccups. So for about 10-15 minutes, all I felt were these little spasms. The baby takes after Daddy when it comes to hiccups cos Rob seems to get them all the time. Hiccups in utero is caused by the baby practicing how to breathe.
The last few days I have had lower back pain and a bit of lower abdominal pain, so I think they may be Braxton Hicks contractions. I told Rob that even though my suitcase is ready to go, I still should pack a labour bag in case I go into labour early. I still dont know if Im having a c/section or not, when I asked my OB last friday he said it was still early to book me in for one, as sometimes, babies need to stay in the womb a little longer, but that doesnt mean I wanna go over due by 10 days, I think Ill go absolutely mad! But I guess he knows what he is saying, as babies' lungs dont fully mature until 36 weeks.
I have also had a lot of pressure on my bladder and perineal area, with the baby's head pressing down on them both. Only yesterday when I went to my grandma's, while I drove there, every bump I went over made me wanna pee, but by the time I got to my grandma's and raced into the loo, there was only a little trickle.
Well thats it for me today, Ill keep you updated as much as I can, but at this stage, its playing the waiting game.....
No comments:
Post a Comment