Monday, September 19, 2005

Baby has turned!

Went to see my OB on Thursday and when he did his usual feel around my tummy, he said that the baby was still in breech, so he sent me to have a scan done, which I had on Friday. As soon as the sonographer brought my little one onto the screen, he said with a laugh, "The baby has turned!" I was so suprised. I dont know when this massive shift happened, cos I didnt feel anything, however I did feel some rib tickling during the week, but didnt know what it was. I told him, I was so looking forward to having a c/section and of course, he was telling me the cons of having one, but he hasnt swayed me. I see my OB again this friday and I will ask him to book me in for an elective c/section.

Not because Im "Too Posh To Push", lol, but for other reasons. One being that I had prepared myself mentally for a c/section from 30 weeks, that now I really want one. Also, I am frightened Ill go over my due date, which happens to most first time mums, and Ill go into labour when Rob and my aunty are at work. Finally I think that a c/section is less stress on me and the baby. There is also a possiblility that the baby can turn back into breech position. My OB told me he will discuss with me what will happen once he gets the scan results.

On a different note, I was a bit peeved cos I couldnt really make out my baby on the monitor. As the sonographer said, once they get to this size, its hard to see things because theyre so big. I saw the baby's face briefly, but the little bugger had a hand covering it as if to say "No Pictures", and of course, baby's feet are up near my ribs. The head is on the bottom but not engaged into my pelvis yet, however on Saturday, I felt a lot of pressure on my bladder, making it difficult to laugh, I didnt wanna wet my pants.

I cant believe I only have 30 days left! Im getting anxious, and wanna meet my baby. The nursery is all done, and I have hung up all the little outfits in the wardrobe. My grandma brought the bassinette over, and I picked up the baby's toys that I had on layby on Saturday. Its all systems go!

No comments: