Monday, July 11, 2005

One Hundred Days To Go

Well, I am at the 100 day mark and I cant believe that its going so quickly, and I am sure the next 100 days will go past in a flash. In just 6 weeks time I will be leaving work to go on maternity leave for 12 months, and to be honest its scaring me a little. Im always thinking about how we're going to manage on Rob's wage, and maybe some help from the government, but government payments arent that generous really. I guess I should stop stressing out about it, but its easier said than done really.

Then I start to think about the birth and how painful its going to be. That has been playing on my mind a lot too. I dont worry about how Im going to look after this small human being that is so dependant on me for everything, I just worry about how its gonna come out of such a small place, lol. I think of it as something the size of a watermelon coming out something the size of a lemon. Thank heavens for pain relief. I will not reject pain relief if I need it.

In August I will be starting childbirth classes at the hospital where I am having the baby. They run for 5 consecutive Thursdays and go for 2 hours. Ill be taking Rob with me, and they cover a range of topics, like breastfeeding, care of the newborn and so forth. I think we even get to watch a labour video, and I dont think Rob is gonna like that, lol, but stiff, he has to get used to it, lol. Ill tell you more about them when I start them.

No comments: