Friday, July 08, 2005

My Little Footballer

Sometimes it feels as if I have twins inside me, not just one baby. The amount of kicks Ive been getting lately is unbelievable. The other day at work, I was constantly being nudged with what felt like an elbow, or perhaps it was a heel, I dont know, but sometimes the feeling is quite strong, it hurts.

Its only in the last couple of weeks where I have been feeling baby move from the outside. If I put my hand on my belly, I can feel a nudge or a kick, and its really quite special. Up until now only I have experienced every movement that my baby has made. The other evening we were sitting watching television when it felt like there were a mini earthquake in my belly. Baby was kicking so hard that it made me laugh and I alerted Rob as to what was going on.

I grabbed his hand and placed it on my belly and sure enough he felt baby kicking. It was a beautiful moment that both of us could share together cos as I mentioned, up until now only I have been able to feel the movements, and I am sure Rob was feeling a bit left out, even though he never let on.

I must mention too, that people are obsessed with pregnant bellies. A lot of my girlfriends at work touch my belly and it doesnt bother me in the slightest cos theyre my friends. Sometimes Ill even ask one of my close friends, be it a girl or a guy to have a feel of how hard my tummy is, but at no one point has anyone ever come up and touched my belly univited. However one of my supervisors was pissing me off the other day cos he kept on going for my belly, wanting to touch it at every opportunity. I told him to stop but I feel if he keeps doing it Ill have to report him to management cos that is considered as sexual harrassment.

Maybe Im overreacting but I didnt give him permission to do any such thing. It kinda angers me really, him thinking he has access to my belly....

No comments: