Friday, July 22, 2005

The Hospital Bag

Well, with exactly 3 months left to go, I should start getting my hospital bag together. Im not gonna start packing right this moment, but at least get the stuff organised so I know what Im taking and have it ready to go. I dont wanna leave this till the last minute. The hospital gave me a list of things to bring with me, so here is the list.

For Me:

Obstetric record
Birth plan ( more about this next time)
Pen to document baby's care
Clothing and toiletries for 4 days
Maternity pads, at least three packs
Nursing bra and nursing pads

Ill also bring my digital camera to take pictures of baby's debut.

For Baby:

bunny rugs
disposable nappies if you wish to use them, although the hospital supply cloth nappies.
Waterproof pants, and nappy pins
Baby wipes
1pack cotton balls & 1 pack cotton buds ( Q tips)
Baby bath solution
range of clothes to dress baby for the duration of stay
Bottles/teats/formula if bottle feeding.

I was thinking that Id like to give birth in my Def Leppard tee shirt, but now Im not too sure. I can just hear Robbie telling me not to be so stupid, lol. Perhaps the hospital does give you a gown to give birth in but I was never a fan of those gowns. I dont find them very attractive what with your ass sticking out for all to see, but I guess that wont be the only thing on show when I actually do give birth, lol, so I guess its not really a good time for modesty.

No comments: