I went for another check up yesterday and almost screamed when I saw how much I weighed! Since my last check up, which was 4 weeks ago, I put on 5 kilograms!!! I now weigh 69 kg, Im like "What the hell?" I couldnt believe it, I thought that for sure Id only had put on 1 or 2 kg at the most, but who am I kidding? I read that in the last trimester you gain more weight rapidly and I am almost at the last trimester. I dont look fat, its just my tummy, I dunno, I was being real good and hardly ate any sweet things. I ate the odd biscuit here and there, but no cakes or anything.
I just worry as to how much more weight Ill put on with 3 months to go. Anyway, moving right along, when youre pregnant, everyone tries to give you their advice, which normally I dont mind, but when Im getting it from every freaking one it starts to piss me off. I was feeling poorly this week with a cold I developed, and since I cant take anything for it, I thought that Id sip on honey, lemon and hot water, which really helped my throat. One of the guys at work starts saying that in pregnancy you shouldnt drink lemon cos it gives you acid. Holy hell, I was beginning to get annoyed cos I mean, this person is a freaking man so what the fuck would he know? I have been eating citrus and so forth and found that I havent been getting any acid at all, so poo poo on him.
Then I get advice from my mother in law, who I know only wants to help, but I know I wont be doing what she tells me to. Like she said to me that when she had Robbie and his sister, she gave them their last changing and feed at midnight so they slept right thru and that I should do that as well. Then she advised me not to get a breast pump as I " may not have enough milk, and itll be a waste of money." I didnt say anything to her but it hurt that she said that to me. Then when I commented that I wanted to get a nice pair of pyjamas for hospital, she said "Dont spend too much because they give you a gown." I said, that for labour I am to take an old nighty or tee shirt to give birth in, the pyjamas are for my confinment, to which she replied that I wont be there for too long so dont waste my money. AHHHHHHHRGGG!!!!! I felt like screaming!!!ENOUGH!!!!
I dont mean to sound like a selfish, ungreatful daughter in law, but I already have my grandma giving me advice and it just gets too much to handle after a while. I often think of how its gonna be when the baby arrives, cos my mother in law is already referring to the baby as "HER BABY". When I heard this I was like "What the fuck?" I dont mind the advice to a certain extent but I dont want any interfearing from her and that goes for my family as well, who Rob thinks will be just as bad, not so much my mum but my grandma. Anyway, thats enough bitching for the moment, Ill catch you all real soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment