Saturday, July 31, 2010

School Stuff

I feel terrible cos I havent been updating much.  Summer was sick again last week, she had red ears and a red throat, coughing heaps and running a temperature!  I think the worst of it is over now, God I hate winter, will be happy to see the back of it! Anyway, moving on, Paige had her assessment with Lewis And Lewis ( for my OS readers, Lewis and Lewis are psychologists who do the assessments for children with disabilities and development delays)  anyway, it was a basic IQ test and Miss Paige did really blow me away with how much she understands!

She could identify a lot of the pictures and what they were with hand gestures and signing, I thought she wasnt going to cooperate but she was so good!  That was the first part of the assessment, next is a questionairre and a report that goes with it, then we have to hand in several other reports, stuff from the Paed, physio and her early intervention programme and then it all goes to the education department and we wait for the funding to come thru!

I still cant believe my girl will be going to school in less than 6 months, YIKES!!  I can just imagine her in her little school dress and her white socks and black school shoes, and her back pack thats probably gonna be bigger than she is! :o(  I know I didnt cry when she started kinder but I know Ill cry when she starts school!  I did kinder duty yesterday and Paige has a new teacher as her original teacher has gone on maternity leave.  Her new teacher said she has loads of potential as she is a good communicator and tries to say words, she even attempts to say some of the kids names which is awesome! Im so proud of my girl, as Ive said before she continually surprises me!

1 comment:

Jude said...

She's such a blessing and a smart little girl, it's no wonder you're so proud of her Danni! :-)

Sorry to hear your household is suffering all the winter illnesses, and I hope everyone is feeling better soon. After knowing you all these years it still feels so weird talking about your winter while we're dealing with summer heat here! LOL