Friday, July 16, 2010

Party Girls

Paige and Summer have been invited to a couple of birthday parties, one this Sunday and one next Saturday, Im really looking forward to them going.  There have been a couple of birthdays in Paige's kinder group and both kids had birthday parties and Paige wasnt invited to either one, which really upset me.  She wasnt the only one not invited but I just felt a stab in the heart and felt rejected on her part, you know? Even if she doesnt really know whats going on.

I just felt that she was being left out because she was different but it wasnt that at all, it was just me being silly.  I cant help the way I feel unfortunately and I know Im going to have to toughen up for her sake and mine but sometimes it just hurts and as I said I feel rejected for her.  I know when its the girls birthday party Im not going to invite the whole kinder class either, I will invite a select few and the ones who invite us I will reciprocate naturally.  I still dont know what Im going to do for the girls birthday party.  I was going to have a McDonalds party but wont now and will do something here instead!

I have decided to make their birthday cakes this year, I really want to make one of those Dolly Varden cakes, one each for the girls, the one with the barbie stuck in the middle!  I know Im going to have to get mum to take the girls out so I can do it without any interuptions!  I have their presents all organised already, I bought them a metal tea set and a metal cooking set for their cubby house, I really didnt want to buy them many toys as we have way too many already, and they dont have a tea set so they can sit in their cubby house and have little tea parties in there!

4 comments:

Jude said...

They will get years of use out of a tea set Danni, man I remember the one sister Linda and I had when we were little and we loved it! Great choice! :-)

Janna said...

Tea sets are so wonderful! I still remember mine, too.

Perfect birthday presents!

xoxo

Janna said...

Oops, forgot to mention that I finally took some time to post an update on my neglected bloggy ;D

Being Me said...

Good idea! Metal or wood = the best. It just feels better and seems so much more real. And ace about the cakes! I tell you, Dan, my mum made me a dolly cake for my 5th and I still remember it vividly, I was sooooo enamoured with it :)