I apologize for not coming here to blog but I dont have much to blog about at the moment and Ive been hanging out on Twitter following my man John Cena and making new friends there. I will start updating more regularly I promise, there will be more stuff to blog about once Paige goes back to kinder Im sure! Anyway, yesterday I ran into a friend of mine who has a daughter with DS and we were chatting about Paige and she asked me if I was going to send her to school next year and I said yes, when she started saying I should make her do another year of Kinder, WTF?
I was told by our Early Intervention worker that Paige would not benefit from another year of kinder, and the Assistant principal said the same thing as I was going to enrol her in a pre prep programme but its just like going to kinder with that program anyway. I was told that holding her back a year will not help her and Im going to go with my gut instinct and what Ive been told by various proffessionals and will not hold her back! I believe that Paige can do Prep with a lot of support and socially I think she is ready also. Ive heard people say that another year of kinder is good if theyre not "mature" enough to go to school, WTF how mature can you be at 5 years old? Anyway, she is my daughter and Im going to do what I feel is best for her!
She surprises me every day, she has learned another word "Eyes", cant believe it, she surprised me with that one! So she has a few words up her sleeve now, "Apple", "Eyes", "Bow"(as in rainbow), "There", "More". She is really progressing especially now that Summer is chatting away! Im so proud of my gorgeous girl, I think she will keep on surprising me where her speech is concerned!
5 comments:
She is just amazing!
I totally agree and it is something I always follow when making decisions for my children. Your instincts will never let you down....no matter what other people think or say, you know best :)
xx
I think it's always best to go with your maternal instincts, no matter what others think. You can listen to other mothers and even professionals go on and on but at the end of day, it's the parents' decision.
I was a little weary this past year on whether or not to send Alivia to kindergarten this fall due to her birthday being in September, but I could tell that she is ready. So I went with my instincts and I'm going to send her. I look at it this way -- if she has to repeat, it won't hurt her.
You are doing the right thing by going with your gut instinct. No one knows Paige better than her awesome mummy ;D
I have to tell you that I thought of her yesterday at my Thurs-Fri job as a medical receptionist. The very first patient was an absolutely delighful 40-year-old woman with DS. She was petite and looked much younger, and was very bright and just adorable! She walked up to the desk with the most endearing smile, gently placed her hands on the counter and politely said, "Hello, I'm Allison Hermann and I'm here for my annual physical with Dr. Mary". My heart melted at her sweet smiling face and warm eye contact. She was with an equally kind African American aid, so when I asked her who would be filling out her new paperwork, the aid responded that Allison was capable but she would help with anything she had questions about. All of my co-workers were glad to see her again and really made her feel welcome. The whole thing was a very moving experience for me and it made my day! As I said, I kept thinking about Paige and know in my heart that she will grow and become a darling lady just like dear Allison. They are all very special and wonderful people, as are their parents & caretakers! <3
xoxo
I agree with what everyone else has said. No one knows Miss Paige better than you do. It's hard to believe she's ready for school already though. *sniffle* They grow up so fast.
Peach...where HAVE you been?
I agree, nobody knows Paige better than her mummy! You do what you think is best Danni, that's always been good for you so far with your girls.
Post a Comment