Saturday, July 24, 2010

Someone Pass The Sick Bucket Please!

Well its been fun a plenty in this house of late...NOT!  We were all sick as dogs this past week and it all started with Paige last friday night! Poor girl woke up crying and I thought she had a bad dream.  She went to sleep okay but then about 30 mins later woke up crying and heaving, with nothing coming out as she didnt have dinner!  This continued every hour till we woke up and in the morning she was just bringing up bile :o( She had done a few horrible poos during the night and in the morning she was like a little zombie, just laying on the couch, totally not interested in anything and not eating.

Things were going okay till about 2 in the arvo when I was napping on the couch near Paige and I heard Summer coughing then heaving and bringing up what she had eaten, all over Rob!   We put her to bed and she woke up after a nap, but continued to be sick all afternoon!  The girls were both in bed by 6pm that night as they were both exhausted.  No one was sick during the night which was good.  By morning they were kind of back to their regular selves, however I hadnt dogded the bullet and on Sunday night woke up with my stomach churning! 

I made a trip to the loo, thinking I was better, lay back down but felt the spew come up and ran to the loo but didnt make it! On Monday I spent the entire day on the couch, feeling like death warmed up, it was horrible!  By Wednesday we were all feeling fine except Rob had come down with this virus we all had and the poor bugger had to go to work regardless! We are all better again except for Summer who has this coughing thing going on, and yesterday was the first day in a week where I could actually eat without feeling like I wanted to hurl afterwards!

I hate gastro viruses, it reminds me of the time I came down with it when pregnant with Summer and I was so dehydrated that my veins collapsed and the nurse in the ER couldnt find a vein to insert the drip into! And last Sunday the girls were invited to a birthday party which they had to miss out on, bloody hell!  I hope that this is the last we see of mr gastro bug! Lurgies be gone out of my house!

3 comments:

Jude said...

Oh gads that bug sounds horrible! Glad to hear you are all fairing better now Danni, and hopefully it's gone for good!

Janna said...

Sounds just awful! So sorry the whole family had to get sick, but glad everyone is better now.

xoxo

Peach said...

Sorry to hear you're all had the sickies. That is the worst! Glad to hear you're are feeling better.