Last week I had to take Summer into the health centre for her 6 week weigh in. I wasnt surprised with her weight gain as I could tell by her face that Porky had put on weight! She put on almost 500grams since her previous weigh in and it brought her weight up to 4.2kg, which is just over 9lbs!
I was comparing her weight to Paige's weight at that age and saw that Paige had only put on a tiny amount of weight at that same age. Paige didnt reach 4kg until she was about 4 or 5 months old. Summer also grew 3 cms and is 54cms in length now. I wasnt having such a wonderful day that day and burst into tears while talking to the child health nurse. I was just feeling down and frustrated about Summer and her windy issues and excessive crying. That day it had started around 4am and she didnt settle at all during the day.
Her crying escalated to screams of pain and she hardly slept at all. I suspect she had griping pains, but its so hard to know why the hell babies are crying, its all guess work. I tried giving her a bath, which made her scream even more, I tried rubbing her tummy, I tried gripe water, but the screaming and catnapping continued and then she was overtired. I was a wreck and ended up having a fight with Rob because I just couldnt cope with her crying that evening.
Whatever it was she had, it disappeared the next day and ever since then her night sleeping has been spectacular! She has been sleeping from 8pm till about 4am, and she has dropped her overnight feed, which is fabulous! Im going to enjoy this while it lasts as I dont know how much longer she will do it for. Hopefully this is the start of her wonderful sleeping habits and she will continue to sleep thru for me from now on!
4 comments:
Hey Miss D - Keeping fingers crossed that Summer continues her more peaceful sleeping pattern. (I'm back home now on my own computer so I can finally read blogs again, yay.)
xoxo
Congratulations on your second child!
I'm sorry I haven't been around much... but I'm back to ready my friends blog on a regular basis.
You have two darling little angels.
I hope Summer's sleep pattern settles down.
:)
It definitely sounds like she had gripe issues, but I'm glad they went away. I hope she continues her sleep pattern Danni!
Jude she still has wind, she farts so much its not funny! But she hasnt had an unsettled day like that one since then so fingers crossed its easing for her!
Trish~ Thanks for dropping by :)
Post a Comment