Friday, June 22, 2007

Is There A Dr In The House?

I have two sickies in the house at the moment so Im pretty much playing nurse maid. On Wednesday night, Poor Paige was up and down almost every hour, either whinging in her sleep or crying. Yesterday morning when she woke for her bottle, she felt hot to touch so I gave her some panadol, which made the bottle of milk she had come back up again! Panadol syrup doesnt agree with her when she has a temp for some reason.So it was off to the GP.

I had a feeling it was either her throat or her ears, as she had a cold last week and was rather mucousy. Our GP confirmed my suspicions and yep she has an ear infection in both ears! So she is on AB's and ear drops, and Ive been giving her Panadol suppositories for fever. I hate having to insert them but they do the trick!She had a 2 hour sleep yesterday arvo and she was fine but then during the night she woke shivvering and so hot to touch, so it was more ear drops and another suppository.

What never ceases to amaze me is that she doesnt cry or whinge, she is such a trooper!My DH on the other hand, is a different story! He came home all achey and feeling fluey and he thinks he is dying He had a temperature as well and went to bed all rugged up like an eskimo. Ill send him to the Dr if he isnt well tomorrow.Today I woke up with a sore throat so I hope I dont get whatever DH has! The last thing I feel like having is the flu or tonsillitus!

No comments: