Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I Never Thought....

.....That I could love another human being as much as I love my little girl. I sometimes think I need to let go a little. I sometimes feel so over protective of Paige and I really have to stop. I dont know whether its because she is my first born or if its cos of her special need, I tend to think its because of her having Down Syndrome that I feel the need to wrap her in cotton wool.I feel so ashamed of myself for being that way, but honestly I cant help it Our EI worker asked me if I had considered child care and I said I had thought about it but in all honesty, I dont like the idea of her being in child care.

I dont know, you hear so many horror stories about CC centres and Im afraid theyll leave her alone, even though I know she'll have to have an aid, but still, I dont want to let her go I dont even feel right going to those indoor play centres and letting her play in amongst all the other kids Prolly cos she isnt walking properly yet, Im afraid that she'll get hurt, and I know she can cope quite well, but still. Its not right of me to not let her do kiddy things cos of my own stupid insecurities, I must snap out of it, cos I cant wrap her up in cotton wool forever.Like recently, at Playgroup, we took the kids outside to play on the jungle gym equipment.

Paige couldnt really have a go cos it involved lots of climbing, so instead I bit the bullet and let her sit in the bark chips and have fun in there. At first I cringed at how dirty she was getting (I hate seeing her dirty), but then I sat back and had a good old laugh cos she was having so much fun playing with and eating the bark One thing that does get to me about Playgroup though is that there is one child who I cant stand. She is a total brat and is constantly taking Paige's toys The other week I bit the bullet and said nicely "Paige is playing with this one sweety" and her mother came and took her away.

Someone has got to teach the kid that its not okay for her to get away with steeling another kid's toys! And this kid doesnt bloody share either, she takes a toy and keeps it the whole time, if another kid tries to take it from her, the little brat starts with the kicking and screaming!Apparently her two older sisters let her have everything at home.

Her mother has to teach her that she cant keep doing this I know its not nice to say that I dont like a child but this kid really rubs me the wrong way! She is the only kid who irritates me, all the others I love dearly. I know kids will be kids and that toy pinching is a part of childhood but its the mother who annoys me just as much as she doesnt tell her to share Ive never seen Paige pinch toys and when Paige gets a toy pinched she doesnt fight back, she just lets the brat have it without a fight.Im not saying Paige is perfect, she has pinched food off the other kids, much to my horror and embarrassment Sorry Ive gone off the tangent here but that other kid really angers me....I hope she doesnt come to playgroup tomorrow .

No comments: