Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year!

Well, this was going to be a post about Paige's first christmas but I decided to do a reflective post instead! I shall post pics and news about Paige's first christmas shortly. Anyways, this time last year I was desperately trying to get pregnant, and if I remember correctly my last post for 2004, I mentioned that I hoped I would be pregnant and have a child in 2005, well, my dream came true!

I never thought I would fall pregnant after only 4 months of trying. Those 4 months seemed like an eternity. Id count the days in my cycle and test my ovulation, but nothing was happening. I went to my Dr and asked him why nothing was happening to which he replied that being 31 years old, the chances of falling pregnant each month is lower than when youre in your twenties.

My pregnancy was a complete surprise! But a very welcome and wanted surprise! I spent most of this year knocked up, lol, but it was by far the most wonderful 9 months of my life. Watching my body change and feeling a little human being kicking me from the inside. At one point I thought I was going to lose my baby due to some bleeding, as I mentioned in a previous post. I remember when I found out I was pregnant, and thinking "What if I lose this child? How am I going to cope?" Its a well known fact that most first time pregnancies end in miscarriage. I have a cousin that had 8 miscarriages and know someone else who lost her baby at 18 weeks! They say that the more morning sickness you have, the more likely you are to keep the baby.

After that terrifying moment, everything was fine until I was told that I was a high risk for Downs Syndrome. I kept it all to myself as I didnt want to worry my family had it been a mistake. Then I was worried that something would go wrong during the birth, or worried that my baby would stop moving.

Anyhoo, God gave me a wonderful gift, a precious little girl who I love and would do anything for! Sure its been no picnic at times and its been very hard work, but I wouldnt trade it for anything! I love being a mum, and now she is rewarding me with smiles and cooing, and when she looks up at me with those beautiful eyes, I see the love she has for me. Before I get mushy and start to cry even more, Ill leave it here.

Happy new year my friends and thankyou so much for being a part of my life and sharing your lives with Paige. I wish she knew her wonderful aunties, she is truely blessed to have you all, as am I.

Love you all...See you on the flipside...

No comments: