Friday, June 10, 2005

Shopping For Baby

Being pregnant opens up a whole new world of shopping. These days I rarely look around for stuff for me, its all for the baby. My mother and father in law have offered to buy us the cot, and my grandparents have offered to buy us a change table. We were a bit lost cos we didnt know what my inlaws had in mind and we wanted the furniture to be co ordinated. Anyhow, we went to a baby store just to look at car seats/capsules, and ended up leaving with AUD$2000 worth of nursery furniture. We decided to put a cot, change table, matress and chest of drawers on lay by so everything is co ordinated. We just asked my inlaws and my grandparents to give us the money for it instead. As it turns out, the furniture usually takes about 3 months to come in but I got a call from the shop telling me the stuff was in, but we still have to fix up the nursery anyway and I want to pay it off slowly.

My inlaws were gonna buy us the cot in SEPTEMBER!! SEPTEMBER!!! I think that its cutting it a little bit too close cos I have to have the nursery ready by at least the end of August. Anyways, my mum and Step father bought us the pram and a real neat baby monitor, as well as heaps of other stuff. I cant go into a shop now without buying something for the baby. Ive picked up some cute little outfits and some pacifiers, and several other things, like a sheep that plays sounds to make the baby go to sleep. I also have some baby linen on layby at Target, but there is so much more I am yet to purchase. I wanted to get the bottle sterilizer and a baby bath but since Ive been so absent minded due to my pregnancy, I keep forgetting them, lol.

As for nappies, its disposables all the way!! None of this cloth nappy business. The last thing I need is for me to have to soak shit stained nappies and wash them, lol. And when I told my mother in law this, she said something like, "You wash them in the machine and it wont take long." Well in that case she can fucking wash em!

I have to write up a huge list so I can go shopping again soon. The weeks are ticking by and there is another major purchase we have to get, the freaking car seat.....

No comments: