Monday, June 06, 2005

Other October Babies/Hospital Tour

Not long after I discovered I was pregnant, I was in the supermarket and I saw a weekly entertainment rag with something very interesting on the cover;

"ITS OFFICIAL: BRITNEY SAYS,'IM HAVING A BABY'."

I was so intrigued that I had to buy the magazine. Its a mag I usually buy anyway but this time I just had to read it for myself. After lots of rumours, it was true, she is pregnant, and what caught my eye even more is that she is due in October as well. Hip hip hooray! (said in a sarcastic tone, no as a matter of fact I dont like Britney!) Anyways, I also discovered Princess Mary of Denmark is due to have her baby in October as well, and I am quite pleased that my baby will be sharing October with someone so classy and lovely as her.

Getting back to Britney, its like she is the only celebrity to ever get pregnant. Nearly every week now there is something about her in that rag I buy, and I must confess, I do like reading about what she is going thru, lol. Although she does look like trash with her frumpy clothes and hair, I must admit, I look so much better than she does. She has money and looks like white trash, and I have no money and look brilliant! (Sorry, I do sound conceited, but I love my baby body and I have no fat on my frame, unlike her.)

Moving right along, at 15 weeks, I had an appointment with the maternity ward at the hospital, so they could book me in. I met up with one of the lovely midwives and she showed Rob and I around the maternity ward of the hospital. The birthing suites are lovely and resemble hotel rooms. Two of them have double beds so the husbands can stay with the wives. I got given loads of information, and a mother to be bag with free samples inside. I just love goody bags. There was also an info sheet about my hospital stay and the minimum stay is 1-2 days, and max is 3 days. I will prolly stay for the 3 days so I can rest, I want to lap up the attention before I take my baby home.

No comments: