The second trimester is supposed to be the best part of the pregnancy, and I cant really complain cos Ive felt great for the most part, having no morning sickness, but there are other things that took its place.
I was a headache sufferer before I got pregnant, but I found that for a few weeks, between weeks 14 and 17, I was getting headaches nearly every day. Id go to work feeling fine, then by the end of the day, my head would be pounding. I have stopped taking paracetamol and aspirin (which is bad in pregnancy), and have just let them go on their own, which they do eventually, all I needs to do is to just rest and relax. They say that paracetamol is okay during pregnancy but I just dont want to take anything. I find it gets too easy just to pop a pill. Lavender oil is supposed to be good too, but I have to ask my OB about that cos certain oils are found to induce labour. I didnt know that until I started reading "What To Expect, When Youre Expecting." Great book, but I found that I was starting to get worried over little things I read and now only refer to it if I have a question that needs to be answered.
Anyway, back to pains. I found that I was getting pains in my lower abdomen that felt like I was being stretched. This is because the ligaments in my uterus were stretching to accomodate Sproglet growing. They werent bad, just annoying for the most part, and they would go eventually, usually when I was at home relaxing, or in bed sleeping. I found I noticed them more during the day at work when I stand up. Which brings me to my next point; Sore Ankles!
On a few occaisions I have found my ankles to be quite sore at the end of the day, thanks to my job. Im sure if I had a desk job, my ankles wouldnt hurt as much. I havent noticed any swelling yet so thats a good sign.
Finally, I have noticed that my lower back has been getting sore. Again, not every day, just every once in a while. This is because my pelvis is expanding to make more room for the baby. I shouldnt really complain at this point cos it hasnt been to bad, it usually gets worse in the last trimester, and sometimes the way the baby lies in the womb has a lot to do with it. Apparently when mum was having me, I used to lay on her sciatic nerve, sending her into agony.
No comments:
Post a Comment