Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Not Long To Go

Its not long to go till the year is over and Kinder will be coming to an end! I refuse to believe that Paige will be going to school next year, it all seems like a dream! This time last year I was preparing for her starting kinder and now here she is almost graduating! There is only a month and a bit to go of Kinder.  Tomorrow night is the Committee's annual general meeting where we hand out the information to the new kiddies starting kinder next year.

I was going to send Summer to 3 year old kinder next year however the times have changed and instead of it being a morning session, it had changed to an afternoon session with the times being 2.30pm till 5pm a totally rotten time of the day for everyone, plus I cant justify paying $200 a term for her only to do 2.5hrs a week!  Instead she will continue to go to daycare, then when she is 4 I will enroll her into the same kinder Paige goes to currently.

I was hoping to stay on with the kinder commitee but I will be too busy with Paige's school and advocating for her but I will renominate myself in 2012 when Summer goes to kinder!  Its kind of sad that kinder is coming to an end, because the teachers are so lovely, Paige is obsessed with Irene the assistant in her group, and some of the kids in her class will be going to different schools, but I know Paige will make new friends at school and some of the kids are going to the same school, and I hope theyre in the same class.

I remember how excited I was for Paige to start kinder last year, now Im excited for her to start school but Im also very sad, she is growing up too fast and Im afraid to let her out into the big bad world, she will look so tiny in comparison to all the other kids there, I just want to protect her and not let her leave my nest.  So before I get too emotional, I might end this post right here cos I can feel the tears welling up in my eyes....damn!

1 comment:

Jude said...

I'm still having a hard time believing how fast your girls are growing up! Where does the time go????