Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Who Took My Sweet Girl?

And replaced her with her demonic evil twin? Im talking about Summer, my gosh, she has been terrible lately with her tantrums, I honestly dont know how much more I can take of this! On this past Monday, she managed to upset me not once but twice! When I dropped Paige to kinder, Summer had her hair in a side pony tail but decided to take her hair out and she gave me the elastic but I couldnt remember what I did with it.  She then wanted her hair back in a ponytail but I had to explain I couldnt find the elastic, well, the screaming started and Im sure the whole kinder could hear her screaming.

I tried to keep cool and ignore her but as soon as I got back to the car I fell apart!  It really upset me the way she carried on like that! Then when we got home she wanted a lollypop and after her behaviour at kinder I wasnt going to cave in and give her one so I said no and she went off again!  So I put her in time out in her room until I was ready to let her out.  Not only have the tantrums been an issue but she has also locked me out of the house, TWICE!!!

Two weeks ago I went out to my car to get something and when I went to go back inside the security door was locked.  I asked her to open the door and she said "No".  I told her she needed to flick the snib on the door and she said she needed the key.  By this stage I was getting flustered and I was laughing and crying from being so frustrated! I kept asking her to open the door but she kept saying no and then walked into the lounge and didnt come back! At least Paige stood there and chatted with me thru the security screen.

I was worried about their safety cos the oven was on and I didnt want them to burn themselves, I was also worried theyd get into the fridge and make a mess!  I sat on the front porch for 45mins and lucky Rob came home when he did otherwise I wouldve been stranded out there for a lot longer!  Then last week I went out to hang washing and Summer locked me out again!  This time though the laundry window was open so I got up a ladder and took of the fly screen and climbed thru it to get in! Ive learned my lesson now and take my keys with me!

On that same day both the girls got into a tub of butter so I wasnt very impressed with them that day, first butter then locking me out!  I know we are heading into the 3 year old stage and Im told its worse than 2 years old but I never had any problems with Paige with her behaviour, and Summer is starting to back chat now! Always saying "No!"  I have a lot more news to blog about but will come back with more.

Im sorry Ive been slack in the blogging department, I shall endevour to get back on track with my blogging, promise :-)

1 comment:

Jude said...

Oh she is testing you isn't she? LOL Your sweet little miss is still there inside Danni girl, she's just of an age where she figures she needs to assert some "authority" I guess!

Good idea to take your keys with you when you step out of the house. Hopefully she won't do it again though.