Well we officially started toilet training this week, since Paige is on school holidays I thought there is no time like the present to get started! At first I was going to toilet train Summer but she wasnt cooperating much so figured I should start Paige first since she will be going to school next year. I was a bit apprehensive, I always am when I think Im going to start toilet training. Paige wanted a nappy but I said no more nappies today we wear undies like a big girl.
I must admit she spent most of the morning running around with a bare bum, I had to get her used to sitting on the throne, I have an insert for the seat so she doesnt fall in, then I put some books and a toy in there so she could sit long enough to do a wee. She was holding on I could tell she was but eventually she did a wee in the toilet and I made a huge fuss over it, clapping and telling her what a clever girl she was. All in all she did 4 wees on the toilet, and about 3 times she told me she had to go. I lose count of the accidents but I didnt get mad or upset with her, just simply cleaned it up with minimal fuss.
Yesterday was a different story. We had to go to a little friend's birthday party and she wouldnt sit on the toilet since it was a strange house, I had her in a pull up nappy and then resumed the toilet training when we got home. She was getting upset and didnt want to sit on the toilet and she kept on holding onto her wee, which is damn annoying cos you can see how uncomfortable she is, crossing her legs, moving around the room from the couch to the floor, she did that today as well and after much persistance and taking her to the toilet several times, she finally let go!
Later on today she told me she had to go and she did 2 more wees on the toilet, now whenever she does a wee she claps and smiles, knowing that she is indeed a very clever girl! We had a few accidents and at one point Paige and Summer were in the other end of the house when Summer came in saying "Paige did wee wee!" I have my own little parrot, LOL, so I guess its all falling into place, Im hoping I can get her toilet trained before she goes back to Kinder but I highly doubt it, Im just happy she has had success thus far!
1 comment:
Good luck Danni, it sounds like she's doing well with it so far!
Post a Comment