Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Lot To Catch Up On!

OMG, where do I start? I havent posted for so long I cant even remember where I left off!

From about 5weeks into my pregnancy I started getting all day sickness! It was horrible and would leave me feeling nauseous from the time I woke up to the time Id go to bed at night, and looking after a small child while feeling seedy is horrible! Id spend the days laying on the couch, watching Paige entertain herself. It was still pretty warm weather wise so that would drain all the energy out of me.

Id gag at every smell and eating just wasnt on my list of priorities. If I did eat it would be something like McDonalds or KFC, or potato chips. I hardly cooked anything decent for Rob, I felt sorry for him but I just couldnt stand the smell of cooking. In March we headed off for a holiday to Cairns in Far North Queensland. The humidity made my morning sickness worse and I had no energy whatsoever!

I was glad to see the back of the damned all day sickness! It left me @ 14 weeks and I got my groove back again! I started eating proper meals and cooking was right up there again, I actually enjoyed it! I should mention that I had a scan at 12 weeks to check my risk for Down Syndrome and Im happy to mention that my risk was 1:4830! A wonderful result! I was so worried that it would come back high again, had it come back less than 1:1000 I wouldve gone for an amniocentisis, but once I got my result I decided against it. The risk of miscarriage wouldve been higher ( 1:200)

I have been so relaxed in this pregnancy! Sure I was very nervous going for my 19 week scan, but my worries and fears were soon alieviated! I took my mum with me and she was amazed at seeing Jelly Bub (my nickname for baby) doing flips and sucking his/her thumb. I did find out the sex but am keeping it a secret again. I started showing quite early in this pregnancy! At 14 Weeks I had a bump, and I felt movement at about 15 weeks again.

I cant believe that Im 33 weeks along and I only have 6 weeks to go. Ive been booked in to have an elective c/section on the 11 October. I told my OB that I didnt want to try for a Vaginal Birth after being "failure to progress" with Paige, its not worth the hassel. It doesnt make me any less of a woman if I have an elective c/section. My next check up is in 3 weeks time and Ill be 36 weeks OMG!!!! The weeks are just going sooo fast! Our little bub will be here before we know it!

So thats my progress of my pregnancy in a nutshell! Now onto my gorgeous toddler! What can I say about Paige other than how beautiful she is, lol. She has 6 teeth; 2 Bottom front teeth and 4 molars! All the rest are still MIA! She had a bit of a tough time cutting her two bottom molars, she stopped eating for about 3 weeks and was quite moody and cranky. This also co incided with her being sick. Poor little thing had a cold, then an ear infection, then croup. She had so much mucous up her nose and in her throat. I didnt know she was cutting teeth as well until she started just throwing a full on hissy fit one day while at my mum's house,

She also started walking 2 months ago and is walking like a pro now! I thought she'd never walk cos she would start, then stop and she lacked confidence. Its so funny seeing her walk now, she is still a shorty for her age (22 months) so I have to look twice when I see her walk past. Only trouble is now though, its difficult trying to run after her with this huge watermelon Im carrying with me. She still doesnt talk but does vocalise heaps! She understands me when I say "Give mummy a cuddle" cos if I am holding her she will put her head on my shoulder and thats how she cuddles me. She also loves to put her head on my bump.

Thats about all the updates I can remember for now. The old brain has turned to mush. I shall return with pics though, cos I know you all love to see pics of Paige.

No comments: