Well, I took the Princess Diva to get weighed and measured last week and she had put on 200grms and grown 1 cm! So I was pretty happy about that. Of course she didnt think it was wonderful being stripped naked and put on a scale like a piece of meat, and she hates having her head circumference measured too! She just cries when the nurse puts the tape measure around her head.
Anyhow, I was discussing with the nurse, Paige's eating habits or lack thereof! She told me that at 9 months she should be eating finger foods and to give her what Im eating. I guess Ive just been scared to progress with giving her certain things because of the gag factor involved. Babies have a gag reflex and when they start having lumpy food for the first time and learn to chew, the sensation is all new so of course, they gag. Thats all well and good, but it frightened the shit out of me, especially because I thought she was choking.
So Ive been giving Paige pieces of toast with cheese spread and things like crackers with Vegemite and a small amount of butter, and she has been demolishing those. She loves to gnaw on the crackers with her gums. Plus Ive been giving her small amounts of what Im eating, like chicken, even though she cant really chew them properly.
She wont let me feed her with a spoon now so I cant get pureed fruit into her...sheesh if its not one thing its another! Ive been giving her steamed vegies and she likes those but ends up throwing them onto the floor. Just as well I have polished boards, it makes cleaning a hell of a lot easier!
No comments:
Post a Comment