Last Monday @ the hospital the nurses weighed Paige and she had hit the 5kg (11lb) mark. I was tickled pink, however, when I took her to get weighed and measured on Thursday, she had lost 44grams because of the surgery. Nurse told me not to worry as it was to be expected. Anyhoo, I have gotten Paige to eat solids...how friggen unreal!!! Can you tell Im pleased as punch?? :P
Paige isnt too keen on fruit. Gave her some pear and banana puree and she ate it at first but I think its a bit tart for her. So I thought Id give her some vegies and rice puree and she opened her mouth willingly and took the spoon! I gave her 1 tsp and she ate it all, then later in the day I gave her another tsp before her evening bottle...again she took it all.
She has been feeding so much better since the operation, Im stoked. She doesnt get puffed out anymore which is great. I dont have to give her rest breaks, just one for burping. I want to get her into a feeding routine now and give her breakfast, lunch and dinner prolly, we'll see how she goes.
I expect to see mammoth weight gains at her next weigh in, lol, we'll see. Its funny, cos babies have to gain weight to see how theyre progressing, but with adults if we gain weight we're too fat.
No comments:
Post a Comment