Its been a long drink in between posts, Im very sorry. Paige is teething and has been clingy and wanting to be cuddled a lot lately. These bloody teeth are really torturing her. I keep feeling her gums and theyre very hard, especially when she chomps down on my finger...ouch! Ive been using teething gel and a natural medicine to calm her...heres hoping that a tooth erupts shortly, although I read that the first tooth usually erupts between 6 & 8 months.
Anyway, just to update on Paige's surgery, she is going into hospital on Monday 24 April, which is next week! The good news is that the surgery isnt open heart surgery, but cardiac catheterization, where they insert a catheter along a vein into her heart and close the PDA with a coil...I think...lol. Its very complicated to explain but if you go to this link you can read up about it
http://www.rch.org.au/cardiology/defects.cfm?doc_id=5073
Im told that she wont be in hospital for very long, I think only overnight, Im not quite sure, but they dont discharge the kids until they have taken some fluids and passed urine. Hopefully I can stay with her because I dont wanna leave my little baby in a big hospital, she needs her mummy with her. Im scared, anxious and nervous and I just want it to be all over. I think the hardest part for me is not being able to feed her because she isnt allowed anything to drink after 7am. She is admitted @ 8am and they will perform pre admission tests, then her surgery is scheduled for the afternoon and takes a couple of hours.
This Doctor is the Dr performing the proceedure
http://www.rch.org.au/cardiology/staff.cfm?doc_id=3017#Wilkinson
This Doctor is Paige's cardiologist who sees her for her regular check ups
http://www.rch.org.au/cardiology/staff.cfm?doc_id=3017#Cheung
Well thats it from me for today, Ill check back in later on in the week. Please keep us in your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment