Now that my Princess is 6 months old, its time to start her on solids. I actually started @ 5 months and I thought it would be easy and she would open her mouth and enjoy it....well Hell, wasnt I wrong!
I started her on Baby Rice cereal as its fortified with iron and the first food a baby should have. You start with about half a teaspoon and mix it with formula or water to a runny texture. I gave her a tiny bit and she began to cry! Granted its horrible looking and prolly tasteless. I tried her on it for about 3 days, no go...wouldnt open her mouth at all. So then I went and tried her on stewed apples...same deal, she just wasnt excited about it at all! Same with pears and pear and banana puree!
This kid just isnt enthusiastic about new foods...she just wants milk, which is good I guess cos milk is their number one source of nutrition but I was hoping she'd be ready for solid food. I dont know whether her tongue thrust reflex is still present or not? Its hard to tell cos of the down syndrome, their tongues seem to protrude out of their mouths.
I had visions of her tucking into mashed vegies and mashed fruits but she aint interested at all. Someone said she just prolly doesnt like sweet foods, to which I replied "She aint my kid then" LMAO!!!!! Cos I love sweets, too much Im afraid. Which brings me to my next point, I still havent lost my baby fat yet. I have this friggen spare tyre around my belly so Im gonna join weight watchers! If the contestants on The Biggest Loser can lose all that weight well Im sure I can and Im not as fat as them! My goal is to get back to a size 10, but realistically I want to get back into a size 12. I was 59kg pre pregnancy and I put on 13kg, Im sure Im still around the 65kg weight if not more. I gotta do something cos Im so unhappy in my skin at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment