A few posts ago, I mentioned that I would have liked to have a baby shower, well, I changed my mind and decided not to have one afterall. I would have really loved one but, to be perfectly honest with you all, I just dont think I would be up for entertaining a bunch of female relatives so close to giving birth. Its not that I wouldnt have fun, but its the cooking of food and cleaning up that I dont think I could handle.
Besides that, I have gotten so many things that if I did have a baby shower, Id need a bigger house for all the other things Id get given. I went to my mum's house last night and she sent me home with two huge plastic bags full of baby things. One of the bags contains 5 packets of nappies, the other one contained different baby things. It had bunny rugs, mittens, booties, a teething ring, a pack of baby vests, and a couple of jump suits and a couple of hooded towels.
Every time my mother in law sees me, she has something for the baby. Like yesterday, she came over and brought with her a hooded towel set. A few weeks ago, she gave me a few stretch suits. Last week my grandma came over and brought a huge bag of baby goodies she had been saving for me. So you see, I dont think Id need to have a baby shower cos this kid is already so spoiled :-P I think I just wanted to have one cos "everyone else is having one", lol.
Last week I sorted out all the baby clothes I have, and took the tags off. I now have to wait for a nice, sunny day so I can wash all of the baby things and put them away in the tall boy and wardrobe. Im even gonna buy brand new pegs so the clothes wont get dirty from the old pegs. Then once that is all done Ill sort out what Im taking to the hospital for baby's big debut!
No comments:
Post a Comment