My worst nightmare came true yesterday! I noticed that Paige had been scratching her head the last couple of days and despite checking her head for lice, couldnt see a thing. Last night before bed, she was scratching again and I thought I should look again as last week a note came home from school that someone in her class had head lice, anyway, as I had a look I saw something tiny crawling around in her head! EEEKKKKKK!!!! She had live head lice! I felt sick! I quickly got changed into my street clothes and dashed to the chemist and bought some head lice treatment.
When I got back I slathered her head in this lotion and then combed thru her hair with the fine tooth nit comb and had a rude awakening! There was a whole fucking family of lice in her hair! I couldnt believe what I was seeing, my stomach churned I hate the little bastards and when you think theyre dead, theyre actually still bloody alive! She didnt mind me combing her hair it was the rinsing she hated, she screamed as she dont like her hair being wet!
Last night I continually dreamed of nits and lice! Then this morning I found two dead lice on her pillow and thought I should look in her hair again and found two more running around in there, so I slathered her hair in conditioner and combed them out and repeated the process again this arvo and found another one! I have sprayed Summer's hair with lice barrier spray and I hope she doesnt get them! I really hate them! Im lucky though that Paige has fine hair and also that she had dodged them all during kinder and for 6 months of the school year, I just hope that she doesnt get them again for a while.
Id love it if she didnt get them again at all but thats wishful thinking! Did I mention how much I hate the damn freeloaders? They make my skin crawl, I tell you they were having a huge party in her hair, it was disgusting! I might even treat myself as well, just to be on the safe side!
2 comments:
Oh ugh! I never had to deal with them growing up and I never had kids... but I remember one of my sister's kids coming home with a note from school about lice and SHE had them too. My sister was crazy dealing with the damn things, so I appreciate how yukky this is for you too Danni.
Hi Miss D, it's me again, finally! So sorry for neglecting your blog for so long but I thought you closed this one out. Anyways yucko about Paige's head lice :o( How horrible it must have been finding those creepy bastids in her hair. I hope she's rid of them, and good idea for protecting Summer and yourself. xoxo
Post a Comment