Well, tomorrow is the day, its finally come, my baby girl will be starting school, I thought the day was never going to get here, the holidays have been long drawn out! Surprisingly Ive been quite good, not a single tear was shed until Monday that just passed! Whenever I had a quiet moment Id start to cry, I think I cried on and off for most of the day.
Today I had to take her to school so she could have her prep entry assessment, its just so the teacher knows where the kids are at with all their literacy and numeracy etc. I met her integration aide and she is just as lovely as her teacher. I sent her into the classroom and Summer and I went for a wander around the schoolgrounds, had a look at the chicken coup ( the school has chooks, frogs and lizards). Paige didnt look back she just trotted on in and I knew she was in good hands.
It was only when I was sitting outside the class room and could hear her cheering and laughing that the tears started falling! I sobbed like a baby but not from sadness, from happiness cos she is actually able to go to a mainstream school. The fact she can go to school is a blessing! When I see children who are unable to go because theyre so sick they cant leave the hospital or for other reasons, it makes me burst with pride to see her excel in her own little way!
And her language just keeps on developing, she has learned another word....LUNCH! however when she said it she said "Unch" but I knew what she meant, and her teacher Miss John said her language was good too, so that made me real proud and real happy! I cant wait to see her in her little uniform, I know Im gonna be a sook and just cry, Ill make sure to take lots of pics of this special day, as I want to share them with my dearest friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment