Ill be 36 weeks pregnant on Wednesday, only one more week till Bubs is full term and Im on the home stretch! Only 3 weeks to go till my c/section date, and it cant come soon enough! Im tired of carrying this huge watermelon around, just fed up of being tired really, and fed up of all the flipping sickness that has once again invaded this household!
Paige had a bout of vomitting and diahreeah starting on Thursday. Well it actually started on Wednesday, but the GP said it was the beginning of tonsillitis. By Thursday she was full on doing foul nappies and spewing. Then early Friday morning, guess who else was chained to the flipping toilet......yep, me! So I called my grandparents and mum to see if they could take us both to the hospital ER. We dropped off mum, grandma and Paige at the Kids hospital, then my grandfather came with me to the Royal Womens ER, where I was put on an IV drip as I was dehydrated.
They couldnt even find a vein to put the cannula in cos they had collapsed. My stomach was so sore from cramps and from Bubs kicking and pushing around, it was horrid! After 2 bags of saline I was allowed to go and I felt better but poor Paige is still poorly :( She is still doing foul nappies, but at least theyre not as watery as they were on Saturday, I had to send Rob out to get a box of huggies as the el cheapo nappies I had on her werent coping with the explosive watery poo (sorry TMI)
Her tonsils are still red but Ive been advised to not give her Antibiotics as it will just cause the poo to be more explosive, if it can get any worse, which is hardly possible! She is eating and drinking okay, although I was worried she wasnt drinking as much as I wanted her to today. Oh yeah and she is cutting two more teeth as well, Jeeze Louize cant she get a friggen break already? Seems when she cuts teeth she gets sick!
Im supposed to be happy and joyous at the impending arrival of the baby but Im just plain bummed and upset cos my sweet girl is not well! I had such a cruisy pregnancy with Paige, sickness wise, with this one Ive been sick countless times, starting with a friggen throat infection early winter time which needed a course of anti biotics, Im sure there was a cold somewhere in there as well, now this tummy bug, oh and I seem to have picked up another friggen head cold! I JUST WANT IT TO FRIGGEN STOP AND GO AWAY!!!!!! Nnnggggnnnggnnn!!
Ah well, thats life with a toddler I guess, they pick up bugs when they mix with other kids but I have a right to complain.
5 comments:
Oh poor Danni! Being sick sucks donkey balls at the best of times but when you're full term preggers it must be horrid! :-(
How is Paige feeling feeling today, any better? And you darling? I wish I could come and help take care of you both!
I hope these next few weeks just fly by for you, before you know it there'll be a new addition to your family. I can't wait, and I know you can't either!
HUGS!!!
Thanks Jude, we are both fine. Paige has come good after a few miserable days, although the foul nappies remain :S Cant wait till theyre gone.
To add to my misery my feet have swollen up like tree trunks.
Glad to hear you and Paige are doing better, Miss D. Sorry to hear about your swollen feet, but this too shall pass in a few weeks. {{{Hugs}}} xoxo
I'm happy to know you're both feeling better too Danni. I remember when my sister was pregnant with her first, her feet and ankles were so badly swollen she had to spend most of her last couple months' sitting with her feet up on pillows. Soon this will be over for you hon!
Danni! It's been a long time since I've visited your blog. Glad I swung by tonight. I'd have missed all those new photos of Lil' Miss Thing! She gets more adorable every time I see a new pic!
I hope you're all feeling much better by now. And I'm really glad to hear that this pregnancy is going so well. Not much longer now....
Auntie Debs
Post a Comment