Anyways, every day since I announced my pregnancy on this blog, I peed on a stick! I peed on about 10 sticks just to make sure and each day the test line got darker and darker! My GP made me do another one to confirm it, and I have it here so I can keep it with my keepsakes! I still have the pregnancy test I did when I was preggie with Paige, I dont think Ill ever throw it away!
So anyway, now it starts! Ive been experiencing nausea and going to the loo to pee countless times! I woke up this morning feeling horrid and not being able to really eat anything, but I made myself eat nonetheless, it just made me feel even more green! My first OB appointment is on March 27 at the Hospital where I gave birth to Paige. It seems like an eternity away.
Lots of other things have been happening in the meantime! We went to see a Genetic Counsellor, as my GP wanted to know if we were at a high risk of having another child with Down Syndrome. Apparently, there is a 1% chance of it happening again, but both Rob and I dont need to be tested as Paige has standard Trisomy 21 and this isnt passed down the family. I will be seeing a Genetic counsellor again as this time around I will be having more invasive testing, either a CVS (Chorionic Villus Sampling) or an Amniocentisis. A CVS is done around 11 weeks, an amnio is done around 16 weeks! I have to know this time as things are different. I dont think I could bring another child into this world who has Down Syndrome, it wouldnt be fair to Paige and she is my priority. To have two special needs children would be just too difficult, both on our marriage and on our darling daughter.
In other news, Paige has cut her first tooth! I cant believe it! Its not all the way thru yet but the tip has cut thru and its very sharp! She bit me last week and it left a mark on my thumb. We have started swimming lessons as well and she absolutely loves it! I have a real little water baby here. Its for half an hour every thursday morning and yes, I have to get in with her but its great fun! It brings a smile to my face seeing Paige enjoy herself in the water. She still isnt walking but she loves to stand at every opportunity! I cant even get her to sit in the bath, and she loves to watch television standing up, leaning on the DVD cabinet...another of her favourite toys! She loves to empty out my DVD's and videos!
Ill leave you with a current pic of Paige on her little trolley thingy....enjoy
No comments:
Post a Comment