Hello All, I have so many updates I dont know where to start. Firstly, we had a naming ceremony for Paige 2 weeks ago! We decided not to baptise Paige in the catholic church because of a number of reasons, one being because I dont go to church and I feel like a hypocrite if we baptise her and not take her to church. The day was a success, except for the rain. She recieved lots of bling bling, but isnt able to wear it yet cos she is still too small.
The next update is her growth! I took her to see her Paed and he is chuffed with her development! You know she has started rolling from her back to her tummy. Only the other morning I heard her screaming so I ran into her room to find her in her cot on her tummy. She scared herself I think and was unable to roll back over. Nappy changing is no easy task now as she wants to roll all over the place. It takes me forever to change a nappy. She had her 4 month needles last week and wasnt a very happy little girl. The day after the needles I think the vaccination site was stinging as she wasnt moving her legs around as much and they felt hard and warm. She spent most of the day screaming.
We had an appointment to see a respiratory DR. They dont think anything is wrong with her lungs but gave her a few tests anyway. One being an O2 saturation, where you attatch a probe to her foot while she is sleeping and this measures her breathing. I had to do it last night and a few times the alarm went off, I think it was because she moved around and it picks it up on the Oximeter. I had to sticky tape the probe to her foot otherwise she wouldve kicked it off and the alarm sounds if that happens too.
Last but not least, she had a heart check up on Monday and her cardiologist is booking her in to have heart surgery with in the next 2 months :( I knew it was coming but I was still shocked. Its for the best I guess and there are other kids worse off than her but she is my baby so I cant help but worry. Her cardiologist told me he is thinking of when she grows up, high lung pressure is not very good and it causes stress on the heart. He wants her to lead an active life and so do I. I dont know when all this is gonna happen. I will keep you updated. My poor bubba will be on a heart lung machine :( Its gonna be horrible seeing her with tubes and machines.
On that note, Ill sign off...
No comments:
Post a Comment